Can I get my money back if I get scammed on eBay?
To ensure all of our members have a great experience on eBay, most purchases are covered under eBay Money Back Guarantee.
eBay Money Back Guarantee means you’re protected if the item you ordered didn’t arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn’t match the listing.
You’ll get your money back.
Can you get scammed as a seller on eBay?
There’s no way eBay sellers can avoid buyer fraud entirely. Depending on what you’re selling, it can happen a lot. But it’s possible to take action against the buyers in some cases. You can at least report the buyer on eBay and send up an alert when these types of actions threaten your income.
How can I avoid being scammed on eBay?
Method 1 Avoiding Scams While Buying
- Safeguard your account.
- Familiarize yourself with common scams.
- Scope out the user’s account.
- Pay attention to the terms of the transaction.
- Look for red flags.
- Always pay through eBay-approved methods.
- Document everything.
- Monitor your bank account and PayPal afterwards.
How can you tell if an eBay seller is legit?
- Look at the price. Is it too good to be true?
- Check the seller’s feedback profile. That is the number by the star.
- Ask a question.
- Look around.
- Look at the item.
- Read the description of the item thoroughly.
- Look at the type of image being displayed.
- Look closely at the actual feedback.